Position: Graduate Test Engineer
Micropace Pty Ltd is a highly successful private company located in in Sydney’s Inner West. We design and manufacture specialized cardiac, diagnostic medical equipment for use in hospital electrophysiology laboratories and wards.
We seek a motivated, graduate engineer for a full-time position within the Micropace Engineering Team. This position would suit a motivated junior engineer with a wide skillset across a range of engineering disciplines, particularly electrical & software.
This role will provide a valuable opportunity to gain practical experience in R&D and Product Development particularly in the medical device industry.
- Work within a dynamic multi-disciplinary team developing a medical device.
- Assist in designing, simulating, prototyping and testing designs.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software issues as need arises.
- Plan, write, execute, and maintain test procedures and experiments
- Assist with developing and maintaining automated test systems.
- Analyse test data, summarise results and generate test reports.
- Assist with maintenance and calibration of test equipment.
- Follow established procedures and processes.
- Review engineering documents.
- Mentor student interns.
- Engineer degree-qualified in electronics, mechatronics or similar. (senior year students may be considered)
- Excellent technical communication and documentation skills.
- Confident use of standard laboratory test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters and signal generators – some training provided.
- Ability to read and follow simple electrical schematics.
- Programming in Python or equivalent scripting language.
- Some analogue & digital electronics skills and basic use of microcontrollers (e.g. Arduino, PIC, and RPi etc).
- Good electrical and mechanical prototyping and troubleshooting skills. Ability to solder e.g. 0603 SMD.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work autonomously.
- Medical device development experience (e.g. regulatory environment, safety standards).
- Mechanical and electrical CAD and simulation tools (e.g. Solidworks, Altium, LTspice).
- 3D-printing experience
- Ability to confidently operate work-shop tools e.g. band-saws, milling machines, linisher etc.
- Experience using defect tracking tools (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla etc.).
- Any knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiological signals (e.g. ECG).
- Any experience with test automation
If you are interested in this offer, please send us your CV and a cover letter to
Micropace Pty Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.